Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I've never heard silence quite this loud.

Isn't it funny how every blog we read mainly seems to inform others of what they know and how to apply it. "Always love because blah blah happened to me", "Forgive or else you'll be surrounded by lions like I was." I'm guilty of it. We all think because we learned something we have something to share, and something to preach. But the more I try to put into words I am learning- the more I realize I have no idea about life. So here are all the things I still don't know in my twenty one years.

I do not understand how to sew a button that will stay on.

I do not know what the difference between being "in love" and "loving" someone is.

I don't understand why people get so angry when I don't text them back.

I don't know what the string theory is.

I don't understand why some girls thrive off of arguments with other girls.

I don't know how to force myself not to eat desserts.

I don't understand how to wire myself to stop wanting the boys that are bad for me.

I don't understand how to set up my twitter account.

I don't know how to sing like a black woman. 

I don't understand science. Or people who like science.

I do not get people who spray paint themselves orange, and others obsession with said people.

I don't understand when it's too soon or too late to let someone kiss you. Is there some timeline or internal clock I don't know about?

I do not get boys.

I don't understand why there is more than one button on a blender. Shouldn't there be one setting- blend?

I don't know how to drive. Yes I admit it.

I don't understand why Mr. Right can't just hurry up.

On that note. I don't understand why all my exes get to find the person they marry right after dating me.

I don't know how to look sexy when dancing- just how to look like a spaz.

I don't understand anything that I learned in French class. 

I don't know how to make my heart stop hurting every time I see the one who crushed it.

I don't know how to impress people I actually want to impress, though I can woo the pants off of those I have no interest in.

I would like to know what is different about me in those times of my life where is starts raining men, as opposed to those times when there is a drought.

I don't know how to solve world problems.

I do not know how to shut up when I am nervous. 

I don't understand why everyone in Utah has to DTR so soon. One meal with someone is not enough to establish a relationship.

I don't get why God couldn't make me look like Ashley Greene.

I don't understand geography. I have no sense of direction.

I don't know how to stay angry at someone.

I don't know what it means to be "rolling in the deep". 

I can't figure out how to sync up my music and ipod.

I don't understand why I spend a majority of my time learning, and not enjoying what I've learned.

I know nothing about drugs.

I don't understand why anyone would want to be with someone who needs constant self assurance. 

I don't know how to change my oil, or do anything related to that contraption we call a car. 

I don't understand why I had to love someone if it wasn't meant to be.

I don't understand why I have to be so freaking patient all the time.

I don't know a lot of things. But I'm trying. I'm continuing in patience, until it all works out in the end. Isn't that what life is all about?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why you are so awesome.

    Wonderful post! :)

    ReplyDelete